How can I enable reading Acrobat PDF documents?

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
dmontroy

How can I enable reading Acrobat PDF documents?

Post by dmontroy »

Please help. Our users require access to documents stored on a remote server. We have a drive mapped to the document location. We created shortcuts to the documents on the desktop that point to the "J" drive document path. I added AcroRd32.exe to the list of allowed programs and with winlock disabled, I can click on an icon and the documents come up just fine. when I enable winlock, it opens the acrobat application then nothing. back to the desktop. I even tried adding the path in the internet explorer allowed sites to see if that would help but it didn't. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I open the files with winlock enabled?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

There is no list of allowed programs in WinLock. Probably you added AcroRd32.exe into the blocked files list?
dmontroy

Post by dmontroy »

Thank you. We thought all files and programs were blocked unless in a list of OK executables, files or folders. I see now only internet explorer works that way. You allow sites on a list but there are no restrictions on files, folders or programs unless we add them to the Access list. Thanks again for the help.