Instant Lock Setup

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
AlbertoCapraro

Instant Lock Setup

Post by AlbertoCapraro »

Hello,

As per customer request, we need to hide some windows and notification on our hmi station. To do this, we are actually testing the trial version of WinLock Professional.

The requirement is to hide an excel popup that gets activated on event, and the related printing progress indicator.
ILock1.JPG
To do this, I enabled instant lock and selected the windows which I want to hide. In this case, an excel window and a "printing in progress" popup. When I do this, both windows are disappearing correctly, and they are listed in the "instantlock" menu.
The attachment ILock1.JPG is no longer available
Then, I repeat the operation and the windows are appearing again... what could I be missing on the configuration point of view?

OS is Windows 10

Thanks,
Alberto
Attachments
ILock2.JPG
support
Site Admin

Re: Instant Lock Setup

Post by support »

To automatically hide the selected windows, use Access->Windows instead.
AlbertoCapraro

Post by AlbertoCapraro »

Thank you for the reply

I tried to use that setting, but as soon as the application starts, the message "You are not allowed to use this application" is shown and the program is terminated, not hidden.

This is a problem in my system, because I need to run an excel macro that needs to be completed in the background without allowing the operator to interact with excel...

Can I just hide and not terminate the program?

Thanks,

Alberto
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Try to add Printing into the blocked windows list. Please note this may force some apps to close.