Maple v6.1 crashes irregulary

Maple and Maple Reader
klaus

Maple v6.1 crashes irregulary

Post by klaus »

Hi, Crystal Office community,
it's just a few days ago that I had my maple professional v6.1 update from my 5.x version (by the way: Windows XP Home SP2). Now it happens - irregulary - that pressing CRTL-S or clicking on "save" in the file menu causes the programme to stop and termination is only possible by using the task manager.
There seem to be no problems on my system (hardware ok, no viruses etc.) and other applications work fine while accessing the hard drives. A new installation of Maple didn't help.
What's about that?
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Klaus
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Unfortunately I can't tell you the reason of this problem because we're unable to dublicate it. To ensure that you .mpl was not corrupted, please do the following: select the root node, then click Export\Branch in File menu. As a result you'll get a repaired file.
klaus

Post by klaus »

Excuse my late reaction, but I caught a terrible flu which drove me down so that there were now energies left for computing affairs. But now:
Thank you very much for the described solution, but it didn't help. I exported the mpl-file the mentioned way and then started maple with the new (and now smaller) data file. But again the programme hangs after clicking "save" or pressing CRTL-S.
Any other ideas?
Best wishes
Klaus
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Does this happen with only one specific file?
klaus

Post by klaus »

I can say, that I've created mpl-files, where the described problem doesn't appear. The problematic file differs in one point from the others because of a really big table residing in it and lots of hyperlinks in the cells of the mentioned table. I want to use this mpl-file to administer a great amount of documents.
Do we get a little nearer to the problem?
Thank you very much for your efforts!
Sincerly
klaus
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I think we should take a look at this file to find the possible reason. Could you please send it to support@crystaloffice.com ?
klaus

Post by klaus »

Hello, again,
thank you for your efforts, but there's no more help needed! As I told you, exporting the mpl-file (as you suggested) couldn't solve the problem. So I removed my big table with lots of hyperlinks, exported the file, reopened it and built that table again, et viola: It works! (For now!)
I'll post again when bad things happen!
Best wishes
Klaus