Inline images: Why do they appear low res but print fine?

Maple and Maple Reader
naxtell

Inline images: Why do they appear low res but print fine?

Post by naxtell »

I'm running Maple v8.65 on Win 10. I love Maple's multi-level hierarchy it's just great for organising my notes. However there is a feature regarding pasting image that I find annoying and I hope it's something I'm doing wrong.

I make lots of "how to do stuff" type notes about the various systems I have to work with. I like to add plenty of screenshots to my notes (a picture is worth a 1000 words after all). However, when I paste an inline image into a Document as soon as I save the Document my original image is displayed in a lower resolution form which makes it hard to read the text inside it :-(

However, if I export the Document to (for example) a PDF file the image in the PDF is back as the pin-sharp I originally pasted into the Document. Therefore the original high-res version of the image must still be stored inside Maple.

What can I do to stop the images being rendered in a slightly low res version within the Maple Document when I view them from inside Maple? My document layout is currently set to "Page" but even switching it back to "Normal" does not appear to make a difference.

This rather annoying (to me) feature of Maple has driven me to try alternatives such as OneNote but none of them come close the easy to use document tree that Maple uses.

Any assistance appreciated :-)
support
Site Admin

Re: Inline images: Why do they appear low res but print fine?

Post by support »

Right-click the image, then select Resize and Rotate. Click Original Size button. Then, select Floating picture and click Ok.

Image3.png
Image3.png (19.66 KiB) Viewed 2334 times