icons

Maple and Maple Reader
Bhull

icons

Post by Bhull »

Does anybody know of additional sets of icons available? Looks like Maple Pro imports from "maple icon lists" that are .mpi files...
KingSky

Post by KingSky »

I wonder this myself. I can't see how this program would be useful unless you could assign your own icons (preferably any .ico and alpha blended ala XP). Oh yay a proprietary .mpi icon format. I'm sure there are going to be TONS of those!~

Where can I find a changelog for the 6.0 beta 8?

Post by Guest »

Does anybody know of additional sets of icons available?
You can find additional sets in MaplePro\Icons folder.
I wonder this myself. I can't see how this program would be useful unless you could assign your own icons (preferably any .ico and alpha blended ala XP).
Use Change Icon\Icons\Add command. Maple doesn't support alpha-blended icons.
Bjorn

A comment...

Post by Bjorn »

"I can't see how this program would be useful unless you could assign your own icons (preferably any .ico and alpha blended ala XP)."

I couldn't care less if I can't add another icon. There is enough. The function of the icons is simply to recognize a document or tree easily. I think there is enough in the library, if I ever want to use other than the "standard" ones.
But it scares me that these kind of wishes can ruin the whole program. I use it for work. Content. Easy navigation, immediate, fast opening of another ducument or complete file without any fuss - that's what I want, and that is what I got until now. I hope the developers don't let me down with this new upgrade.
SSam

Post by SSam »

Yes, you can add your own icons.. as long as they fit the dimensions and format that Maple already uses. (pretty standard 16 x 16 icon's work well) I was doing this in 5.2 quite easily, and 6.0 allows it as well.

Like the last poster stated... there is already a pretty good selection, and I only added stuff that I needed in my tree, such as a couple of country flags and an M$ symbol.
gw

Post by gw »

How do you open those .mpi files? In the add icon screen only .bmp and .ico is accepted.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Use Change Icon\Icons\Import command.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 pm.