Another request

Maple and Maple Reader
Bjorn

Another request

Post by Bjorn »

I am very pleased with Maple (Pro). Especially that it is so fast, even on a slow machine.
I do not want another Word, so I hope the developers keep in mind - at all times - that the simplicity of the program is very important. If it gets much bigger or more complicated, I can just switch to a ore "sofisticated" program. So please keep it simple!
That doesn't mean, however, that there is no room for improvements.

As another writer asked that the links should be relative and not fixed to the harddisk. This should also go for links to documents.

Quark, for instance, has a function "Collect for output" which saves all connected files together with the file itself in a new folder. Easy to put the whole ting on a memory stick or CD.

Another thing, I do translations, and want two documents (or document panes) next to each other, maybe each with a different background. It would be nice to save the original and the translation in the same document.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I do not want another Word, so I hope the developers keep in mind - at all times - that the simplicity of the program is very important.
Yes, we keep this in mind. :)
As another writer asked that the links should be relative and not fixed to the harddisk. This should also go for links to documents.
Relative links in output html files will be available in the next update. Links for external documents can be converted manually to relative (As you know, all links in Maple can be modified using Modify Link command)
Another thing, I do translations, and want two documents (or document panes) next to each other
I'm afraid it will be hard enough to implement this. But, you can load more than one copy of Maple.

Post by Guest »

I'm afraid it will be hard enough to implement this. But, you can load more than one copy of Maple.
That's what I meant with my first comment. Leave it if it makes the program more complicated or slower. I use another copy of Maple as you say. There is almost always a workaround.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 pm.