NotePro - Question ?

NotePro, CellPro, DayMate, and Clip Plus
WillowRaven

NotePro - Question ?

Post by WillowRaven »

I received NotePro (3.85) through the Giveaway of the Day a few days ago and love it. However I have discovered something and really not sure how to 'fix" it.

When I write in NotePro, I have it set for Style Format Normal, Font = Verdana, 10 pt, single line spacing, however when I copy/paste it from NotePro to another format (like a basic email), my line spacing changes from single spacing to double spacing. Now, when I write an email its in single spacing, so I know the email is not set for double spacing. Can anyone help me understand why it would change the line spacing on a simple copy/paste and how I can "fix" it so that it doesn't keep doing it, as I am really not a fan of double spacing.

Other than that, I am really really liking NotePro!!

Thanks in advance.
support
Site Admin

Re: NotePro - Question ?

Post by support »

Seems that your email client process rtf formatting incorrectly. This cannot be fixed in NotePro.

Post by Guest »

Should it still do that when the file (in NotePro) was saved in .txt format, not .rtf or .doc?

=================

Also, an additional problem as come up that has me stumped. Saved a file in .rtf format in NotePro then printed off a copy (need to be mailed) and it came all up as boxes instead of font/text. Have NEVER had that happen before with files in other programs saved in .rtf format. So I resaved the file in .doc format, reprinted and again, came up all as boxes instead of font/text. However, when I copied/pasted the text into WordPad and then printed, it printed up perfect. Can you explain why I was unable to print something from NotePro in either format (.rtf / .doc) however was able to print it out fine (same format) in another program?
WillowRaven

Post by WillowRaven »

Guest wrote:Should it still do that when the file (in NotePro) was saved in .txt format, not .rtf or .doc?

Sorry, thought I had logged in before posting this. I meant to add that, when I copy/paste from other files that are in .rtf and/or .doc format, it doesn't do that (double space it when it's single spaced in the original file) - it seems to be happening just with NotePro. When I copy/paste from (for example) WordPad that is saved in .rtf format, and the original file is single spaced, I copy it into my email and it remains single spaced. When I do that with an rtf formatted file from NotePro, it changes the line formatting when pasting, which is why I was wondering why it was doing this, and if there was a setting that maybe I should check or change or whatever.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Please check you paragraph settings under Tools->Paragraph. Does it shows 0 line spacing?
WillowRaven

Post by WillowRaven »

I just checked the settings and all of them under "Paragraph" are reading zero:

support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Do you get double-spaced text when you paste from NotePro into Word or WordPad?
WillowRaven

Post by WillowRaven »

No - it appears that it stays in the single-spaced format:

**Copied from NotePro, Pasted to WordPad