Question #2

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
paul

Question #2

Post by paul »

What are the limits of the trial period. I have been playing around with the program quite a bit and now nothing seems to work. Nothing is locked when I enable WinLock unlike earlier.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

The problem is not in the trial period. Probably, you are trying to use WinLock under restricted account. If so, you should adjust access permissions as described in help file.
Mikilange

Post by Mikilange »

I've got the same thing! On the Windows 2000 Prof SP4, I installed WinLock 4.2 and tried to lock some features. But nothing happened! :shock: Everything was as it had been. I read about multiuser problem, but everything what I did was under Administrator himself account 8) . By the way, after installation the setup programm didn't ask for rebooting, was that right? But that doesn't matter, because I rebooted the system myself several times and even logged into the system under different administrator group accounts, and your program didn't restrict anything anywhere :evil: What could it be?? :?

P.S. I've got NetOp School Student part programm version 3.01 on the computer already - a programm for remote controlling. Maybe they can't share something?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

If you are working in a multiple-user Windows 2000/XP environment and want to use WinLock under restricted user accounts, you need to configure system access permissions. To do this, you should move this user account to administrators group, then log on under this account and run WinLock. Finally, you can remove this account from administrators group.

In Windows 2000:

1. Log on under administrator account.
2. Open Control Panel and click Users and Passwords.
3. In Users and Passwords dialog select "Restricted User" account and click Properties.
4. In User Properties dialog select Group Membership tab and add this user to administrators group.
5. Log on under Restricted User and run WinLock.
6. Log on under Administrator account, and select limited account type for "Restricted User" account.

In Windows XP:

1. Log on under administrator account.
2. Open Control Panel and click Users Accounts.
3. Click Change an account and select "Restricted User".
4. Click Change the account type and select Computer administrator.
5. Log on under Restricted User and run WinLock.
6. Log on under Administrator account, and select limited account type for "Restricted User" account.
Mikilange

Post by Mikilange »

Well, that's concerned restricted user-account, but I'm talking about administrator account. I can't lock access to anything under "Administrator" logon
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

WinLock uses several protection ways. For example files and applications are blocked entirely by WinLock, while restrictions from System\Security section are based on built-in Windows security capabilities. So, if you can't protect anything using WinLock, this mean that is not configured correctly. Could you send your security profile to support@crystaloffice.com? Also, make sure that you have enabled WinLock protection (General\Protection\Enable protection check box) .

Post by Guest »

Sorry for bothering. I've reinstalled the system and the program and now everything seems working fine!
Mikilange

Post by Mikilange »

The previos message was mine! Just forgot to enter my name

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 pm.