Remote Administrator

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
Trial User

Remote Administrator

Post by Trial User »

I would like to lock computers remotely, but we use DHCP and cannot assign an IP address to each PC. How can the remote admin see each PC?

Eric
Yeshiva Academy
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Instead of IP address, you can use a computer name.
mabs

unable to connect host computer

Post by mabs »

i have tcp/ip based network i can ping perfectly and access other computers from my system but thru win lock remote admin i am unable to connect it, its telling time out unable to connect, its not pinging also
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

First make sure that remote administration is enabled on a client machine.
Open General\Remote Administration page and select "Enable remote
administration" check box. Port value must be equal for both WinLock client and Remote Administrator. Also, make sure that you are using the correct password to connect to remote host and communication is not blocked by firewall software.
Lewie

Post by Lewie »

I can't get connected to remote system via Remote Administrator.

I can PCAnywhere into the remote system and have checked both the software firewall(off) and hardware firewall(on). I have enabled inbound TCP port forwarding on ports 2041 and 4000 (I read some where that winlock uses both). I still can not ping or check the config of the remote office.

I am using 4.6.3 and 1.42 versions. The port I'm using in RA is 2041. and I enabled the sending of status.

I tried unloading WinLockPro and rebooting but still no luck.

Lew
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Seems that the problem is caused by your hardware firewall. Try to enable all UDP activity for WinLock and WRA.
Lewie

Re: UDP

Post by Lewie »

Will give it a go! I did not see UDP mentioned so I only enabled the ports for TCP.

Thanks,
Lew

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm.