Updating? Road Map?

Maple and Maple Reader
caowick

Updating? Road Map?

Post by caowick »

I downloaded and used quite extensively Maple for a few days and had a couple questions/observations.

1. One of the things that really appealed to me was the apparent care taken in HTML export, however there doesn't appear to be many options available to the user to control the output.

2. I have some content that I tried to organize using bullets, but no matter which bullet or number style I chose, when I save it reverts back to roman number bulleting.

3. If I insert a table, format and add content and then decide to remove borders it always leaves the left side border in tact. You have to select to remove borders again - even if you make no actual selection in the border dialogue box before it will be removed.

4. When you're in the note pane there are very few options available in the right click popup menu that would help in editing without having to go to the toolbar.

5. When I make a selection in the note pane, change the color, and then highlight another selection to change the color, the previous color is not selected.

6. It seems the only way to resize the right side of a table is from the ruler... you have to get your mouse pointer in just the right place to grab it and move it.

7. Although I selected Verdana 10pt as the default font, when I create a blank table the font is set to Verdana 12 pt.

8. The order of items in the tree seems to change. I have some entries that are numbered sequentially and will then save. After closing and opening the program, some items will not be in the same place as when the file was saved.

My main concern before purchasing the product is if it is being actively updated and if there is a roadmap available to users for the future of the product.

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Re: Updating? Road Map?

Post by support »

Unfortunately we don't have a roadmap available to users. But you can be sure that Maple will be updated actively.
DiVe

Re: Updating? Road Map?

Post by DiVe »

Hello,
...sorry but that has been the reason for me to not renew my subscription. I will wait until I see sometimes a version that might contain some of the user ideas (especially mine :) ).

I am also not very satisfied with the situation that I get no feedback on my ideas and if you expect to implement something in the near or far future.

Customers/users would like to have some respone for their thoughts. I think I am not the only one who expect some feedback on suggestions. For my "proposal/idea messages" I have never had a feedback here from the support (so you've got luck caowick :mrgreen: ).

In my oppinion Maple Pro is a really good tool (may the best for my needs) and I am using it nearly every day. But especially for those tools you use intensive also minor changes in productivity according to user needs will be highly appreciated.

If I would have had some respone (like: will be implemented "soon"; sounds interesting,...) or have seen a road map I expect I would have already renewed my subscription. But so you need to wait for money until you provide some new version that interests me (I am still using 7.1).

May I am not the only one who behaves this way?

Bye,
Dirk