Directories, HTML and Tree's - Oh My.

Maple and Maple Reader
lucifael75

Directories, HTML and Tree's - Oh My.

Post by lucifael75 »

Thought that topic title was better than, "I have a suggestion" you know for variety :)

But I do have some suggestions, and ideas and notations for you.

Firstly I congratulate you on your product it's excellent and intuitive to use which is more than can be said of some of the other tree based systems out there, it feels professional and generally is slick.

So firstly some suggestions.

1) Recursive Directory Import, so one can import an entire directory structure into a maple document. Perhaps with some rules on types of files etc.
2) Tree outline templates in an easy to use fashion. Something rather like your other templates method
3) PLEASE put the formatting styles drop down (The one with the various styles in) directly on the formatting bar. That would be really useful to me.
4) Web Trees, this is quite powerful but could do with some customization options I think, perhaps styles from user made templates we could share with each other even? It's always good to build up a community around software right? :)

Now Things I Have Noticed

1) Web Trees seem to use the last saved node as the 'Main' pane default page, this doesn't always seem to synchronize properly and I've had one file that imported all the files that could not be accessed because the tree pane did not work, (FF3, IE7,8 tested with)
2) The spell checker doesn't seem to understand contractions, (built in), that's a little odd but I can see how that might happen if the ' is a smart ' and pointing in either direction. At least that's what I think the problem is. Or are you just being grammatically correct as we're not supposed to use them :)
3) Sometimes if the splash screen is clicked on after focusing away from it (i.e. to refocus to maple) before the app is loaded another task-bar entry is created that won't go away even when the splash screen does.
4) popup: hyperlinks don't convert when exporting web trees, not tried plain html export. (Just a note on this one, I doubt it would be all that easy to change the popup to a jscript alert?)

That's about it off the top of my head, this is an excellent application and I look forward to hearing from you.
support
Site Admin

Re: Directories, HTML and Tree's - Oh My.

Post by support »

Firstly I congratulate you on your product it's excellent and intuitive to use which is more than can be said of some of the other tree based systems out there, it feels professional and generally is slick.
Thank you! :)
4) popup: hyperlinks don't convert when exporting web trees, not tried plain html export. (Just a note on this one, I doubt it would be all that easy to change the popup to a jscript alert?)
This will be available in the next update.
3) Sometimes if the splash screen is clicked on after focusing away from it (i.e. to refocus to maple) before the app is loaded another task-bar entry is created that won't go away even when the splash screen does.
Do you have version 7.1 installed?
lucifael75

Post by lucifael75 »

Yep, got 7.1 installed.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Ok. We'll check this.
lucifael75

Post by lucifael75 »

Thanks, it's a good sign when a software provider is this responsive :D

Now while you're there can you get it to do all my writing for me, make my tea and if at all possible make it print 100 pound notes as well?

:P
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Excepting 100 pound bills printing. This is illegal :D