MaplePro v7.1 odd behavior at program launch

Maple and Maple Reader
JustDave

MaplePro v7.1 odd behavior at program launch

Post by JustDave »

I just upgraded to v7.1 and discovered this little oddity. First of all, I run Maple Professional almost exclusively from a USB flash drive. I use PStart, a menuing application, and have "-usb" plugged into the command line options field. In Maple, Under Tools->Preferences->Files, I have the default tree set to "T:\MY DOCUMENTS\MapleData\Basic Stuff.mpl" which is on my flash drive. When I launch MaplePro via the PStart link, Maple starts to launch, then I get a popup which says "Unable to open tree." After I click "OK" Maple continues and opens the Basic Stuff tree, even though it just told me it couldn't. How do I get rid of the erroneous popup?

edit/update: This issue seems related to running from my flash drive. Today I launched MaplePro v7.1 for the first time on a different PC and I was prompted to re-enter my registration key. The default tree and temporary folder fields were also empty, indicating that Maple didn't maintain the info entered on the 1st PC.
support
Site Admin

Re: MaplePro v7.1 odd behavior at program launch

Post by support »

Ok, we'll check this. Thanks for your report!
JustDave

Post by JustDave »

Looks like this may have been my problem. I created a shortcut on my flash drive with "-usb" and MaplePro launched without issue. I went back to check my link in PStart and I had entered "-USB" as a command line option instead of "-usb." Doh! I changed it and MaplePro now launches without the error message. I want to confirm tomorrow on my office PC but it looks like that was the problem.
JustDave

Post by JustDave »

It launched on the 2nd PC without the error. Looks like the "-usb" flag is case sensitive. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Yes, it is case sensitive. We'll fix this in the next update. Again, thanks for noticed that!