Question about printing and exporting

Maple and Maple Reader
rij73

Question about printing and exporting

Post by rij73 »

Hi there,

I really like Maple and am currently using the evaluation version. I have been using KeyNote for some time, but since development there seems to be stalled, I am thinking of switching to Maple.

My question is about getting the Node Names to print or export. When I export to RTF, all I get is the text of each node with no headings. This is a big problem, since it doesn't keep it at all organized. Also, when I print preview (since printing isn't enabled in the evaluation), I don't see node names either, even though I have that option checked in the preferences panel.

Could you please let me know what I can do to get full node information output when I do these things? Ideally, it would have the whole path printed before each node, or at least show the whole thing in some kind of organized outline with the whole hierarchy clearly delineated.

Also, I just thought I'd mention that perhaps the Pocket PC reader should be free. Maybe just for users of Maple Pro. Since it isn't possible to manipulate data at all with it, the current price seems a little steep. It's almost the same cost of the desktop program... And I really need it! It's another good reason to switch from KeyNote. Please let me know what you think... I would buy the Pro version if it included the Pocket PC reader.

Thanks for your very nice software.
rij73

Post by rij73 »

Hi again,

I just tried Maple Pro to check out the HTML export. I really like how it looks in IE, but the problem is that it doesn't work in Firefox or in Pocket IE. That really limits its usefulness...

I think RTF export and printing to pdf would be fine for my purposes, but only if full path information could be output as well...

I will anxiously await a response.

Thanks again. I really think the interface of Maple is very nice.
rij73

Post by rij73 »

I'm begging for a response... I want to decide whether to migrate my notebooks, and I have time to do it this weekend.

The question is:
Can I get the node names to print and to show up in rtf export? I see the option in the preferences panel, but in the demo it doesn't seem to do anything!

Please respond...
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Yes this is possible. Use Preferences\General\Print\Print node names option. To ensure that this options works as you expect, use Print preview command (Print node names affects both RTF export and Print).

Post by Guest »

Thanks so much for the response...

I did that, though, and the Print Preview still shows no node names. That is why I asked the question. Is it because of the trial version?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Print node names works when you print branch (File\Print\Branch and File\Print Preview\Branch) or export the entire tree to a single file (File\Export\Flat File).
rij73

Post by rij73 »

Thanks again for responding. I appreciate it...

However, this is not working for me in the demo version. You are describing exactly what I have been trying to do, and it just isn't working. I get no node names at all. Please help me troubleshoot this. I really like your software and would buy it if I could just get this feature working... Maybe I could email you my notebook?

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Please email your .mpl file to support@crystaloffice.com. Also, please email me your settings profile (File\Profile\Export).
Ring

Printing branch - Heading and nodenames are missing

Post by Ring »

Hi.
We enjoy your program.

Please tell me how why heading and nodenames do not show up when printing branch.

Please tell me why nothing shows up when printing three ?
Ring

Printing problems - Heading cont.

Post by Ring »

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I loaded the latest version 5. 3

Ring
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Use Preferences\General\Print\Print node names option.
bbriley

Exporting whole file to an RTF document.

Post by bbriley »

support wrote:Print node names works when you print branch (File\Print\Branch and File\Print Preview\Branch) or export the entire tree to a single file (File\Export\Flat File).
Hi - thank you for this answer. I hadn't been able to find a way to export the whole .mpl file to a single .rtf file.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 am.