Maple Pro v7

Maple and Maple Reader
cyberbyte

Maple Pro v7

Post by cyberbyte »

I have just started to use the latest version.

I have always chosen to have my window layout with the document pane underneath the tree pane so I can see the full width of my documents. This option has been removed as from version 7 and at first I wasn't very happy about this. However, when I realised that I could "hide" the tree pane to the left, I could see that this was a genuine inprovement in the user interface. However, I think that the tree pane should always "unhide" itself automatically when you hover the mouse over the document pane for a few seconds. At the moment, it does this only if you have clicked in the document pane for that item in the tree at least once (or deselected the tree pane on the panes button). Then the tree does hide and unhide but only until you click on another item in the tree. Could this please be looked at.

Also, could the table function please be improved. If you create your table with say 4 columns and then add some more columns, you can't then make the table wider to accomodate the extra columns. MS Word for example, allows you to do this in several ways - manually adjust the right hand column width or specify preferred table width in table properties. Worst still, sometimes when you create your table in Maple, it makes it wider than the page and you then have to delete it and start again. You then either have to make another with less columns and add more columns afterwards or fiddle around with column widths at point of creation until you get it right. Could you please take a look at how MS Word handles tables and implement something closer to that. At the very least, you should be able to adjust certain table properties such as table width after the event.

I do hope you will consider these improvements....
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

However, I think that the tree pane should always "unhide" itself automatically when you hover the mouse over the document pane for a few seconds.
You can use the autohide button at the top of the tree pane. When autohide is enabled, the tree pane is automatically hidden when the mouse leaves its area.
If you create your table with say 4 columns and then add some more columns, you can't then make the table wider to accomodate the extra columns.
Use horizontal ruler to adjust table width.
cyberbyte

Post by cyberbyte »

Thanks for your reply.

If the pin thing at the top of the tree pane is the autohide button then I am already using that but it isn't working properly for me. When I select a new item from the tree, I then need to click in the document pane to get the tree pane to autohide again.

Re table width - thanks for pointing that out to me as I wasn't aware that you could use the ruler in that way and I could find no reference to that feature in the help file.