Data File Corrupted

Maple and Maple Reader
WilliamJ

Data File Corrupted

Post by WilliamJ »

Hi, I have been using an older version of Maple (V3) for many years without any problems. However, today, when I went to copy and paste from an email into maple, it started to beep at me. Thinking this was just a windows thing, I saved the file (big mistake) because I didn't want to lose what I was working on and when I reopened the file the tree structure was OK and I could scroll down but I couldn't open any other branch. The only thing it would show was the one page that I was last working on. I can't get to any of my branches or data save this one page. It just beeps over and over. I can't delete or do anything. I tried to reload several times and even rebooted windows but nothing worked. I have a backup from a couple of months ago but I hate to lose everything in between.

What happened and can I somehow retrieve the data?

Thanks. :(
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Please select the root node, then in File menu click Export\Branch. As a result you will get a repaired .mpl file.
WilliamJ

Post by WilliamJ »

Hi,

Well I didn't see your post until just now but I think I fixed it by deleting the branch that it seemed to be stuck on. Apparently, the whole file wasn't corrupted - Just that branch and it would not allow me to open any other branch - It only allowed me to view the tree structure but it was stuck on that one branch that was apparently cranky.

Seems to be fine now. Will advise it anything changes.

Restores my previous faith that this software is indestructible!

Thanks.