maple pro on win xp pro

Maple and Maple Reader
sscho

maple pro on win xp pro

Post by sscho »

recurring problem for me on prior and current (6.2) versions of maple pro, being run on a win xp pro system: i am constantly getting "out of system resources" message boxes. seems to always occur when maple pro is either in the background or minimized to the tray (mostly the latter as i usually minimize when i'm not using). if i walk away from the computer and come back some time later, i'll have a cascading stack of these error messages.

anecdotally, it also feels like running maple pro drags down or hangs other apps. i have a gig of memory and rarely have more than 3-4 apps open at once (outlook, excel, acrobat pro, word). symantec antivirus is lurking in the background. have found no pattern in which apps trigger maple pro's resource issues. what's strange is that i don't recall ever SEEING the error message pop up -- i always discover it later, after they've piled up. i'm usually using at least outlook and excel for 12hrs/day with no stability issues without maple pro.

thanks for your help. aside from the stability issues, i'm a fan (and i imagine an early subscriber). i currently run actionoutline, which also minimizes to the tray, with no stability issues.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Could you send your settings profile (Tools\Profile\Export) to support@crystaloffice.com so we can duplicate the problem?
sscho

Post by sscho »

yep, sent at 2:20 central time. i referenced my handle in the email. thanks for the quick attention to my problem. i'm moving over my actionoutline notes on the assumption that you figure it out. :)
sscho

Post by sscho »

stumped? i sent a followup pic a couple weeks ago to support@crystaloffice.com showing the cascade of error messages. i also noted that it seems to be triggered often when i switch to an outlook task (compose, reply, or forward an email) and switch back.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Seems there is an incompatibility issue with MS Office applications, but we still cannot duplicate the problem.
sscho

Post by sscho »

just wanted to say that v7.0 appears to have fixed this issue (fingers crossed for two days). this was the main hurdle for me to replace actionoutline. ao's not functionally THAT different, but maple pro's much more aesthetically pleasing, esp with the new icons. and i love that you actually continue to support and improve this product. very nice.