Maple Pro 6.0... I went back to 5.2

Maple and Maple Reader
SSam

Maple Pro 6.0... I went back to 5.2

Post by SSam »

After eagerly installing 6.0 and converting an old 5.2 into the new program, I found that adding nodes resulted in quirky behavior.

When adding a new node off of the root, I was presented with the node name prompt. Upon entering that, the node shows up with data from nodes farther up in the tree. Adding text to it changes the data in the afore mentioned node. At this point I tried to repair the tree. The behavior remained odd. Uninstalling the whole program and reinstalling made no change.

Not wishing to loose an 18 MB file, I uninstalled and reinstalled the 5.2 version, and then restored file back from backup copy.

I'm going to avoid 6.0 for now. 5.2 seems to be more stable.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

To fix this problem, please uninstall your current Maple Pro 6.0 installation and download the latest version from our web site. Although it has the same version number, there are some minor chages in it. Then open your tree, click the root node and select File\Export\Branch. You will get a fixed .mpl file.
SSam

Post by SSam »

Hmm.. seems to work.

Is there any way to include whatever this does into the convert proccess? Seems like it might save a little bit of a headache for your end users.

Thanks for the help!
avenger107

Post by avenger107 »

"To fix this problem, please uninstall your current Maple Pro 6.0 installation and download the latest version from our web site. Although it has the same version number, there are some minor chages in it."

It would really be nice if you updated new versions with new version numbers and posted the change log on the web site, even if it just says minor bug fixes. We have to wade through this forum to find out if there may or may not be an unnamed update that might solve a problem we are having.